GBR Recruitment Ltd is working in partnership with a leading property management specialist recruiting for an experienced Landscaping Junior Contract Manager to join the Management team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business that is expanding year on year due to continued success within the market place.
Landscaping Junior Contracts Manager (Hard & Soft Landscaping / Grounds Maintenance)
Supplying: Housing Developers, Commercial business (Industrial Estates etc.), Public Sector, Local Councils, as well as private clients
Reports to: Landscaping & Grounds Operations Manager
Direct Reports / Overseeing:5 Landscaping Team Leaders & 4-5 Gangs of Landscaping / Grounds Operatives (c.15 - 20 operatives)
Hours: 07:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday (some flexibility available & required to meet the needs of this growing business)
Overtime: after 45 hours at x1.33
The Contracts Manager shall manage, cost, budget, programme and supervise both contracted and direct labour gangs for all hard and soft landscaping, grounds maintenance and associated health and safety.
The Contracts Manager shall be part of the management team responsible for achieving industry leading standards in respect of quality, health and safety for all required works.
The Contracts Manager shall have comprehensive landscaping, grounds maintenance and planting knowledge and be familiar with all associated equipment necessary to undertake required works.
The Contracts Manager shall also be responsible for generating quotes for all contracting works and ensure the successful delivery if won.
- Support the completion of all tender & pricing requests for commercial & private works ranging from £5,000 to £2M in spend (training can be given)
- Oversee general grounds maintenance duties on new plots on the behalf of new site developers & oversee 4-5 gangs of landscaping operatives, as to ensure a high standard of work is maintained at all times in accordance with an established schedule of works.
- Ensure all maintenance checks are booked in with crews and ensure they are carrying out daily and routine checks on equipment and machinery to written procedures.
- Ensure all policy and procedures along with method statements are kept up to date.
- Responsible for the health and safety of themselves, their work colleagues and others who may be affected by their activity, working in accordance with the
- Company safety policies.
- Oversee the management, maintenance and operation of plant and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and Company policies.
- Complete all necessary log sheets etc. as per statutory requirements and
- Company procedures and sign off from crew.
- Undertake any relevant training and tool box talks which may be deemed necessary to ensure duties are carried out effectively.
- Liaise with clients at all levels.
- Respond in an appropriate manner to all requests or enquiries from members of the public.
- Follow Company Finance procedures.
- ·You shall be responsible for the implementation, communication and ensuring project is compliant in terms health and safety and company processes and procedures.
- ·You shall uphold company standards.
Health and Safety
- Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 all staff must take reasonable care of their own health and safety and of others who may be affected by their actions or omissions at work and must comply in its understanding of any relevant statutory provision.
- Staff must not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety and welfare in pursuance of any of the statutory provisions.
Sales and Marketing
- You shall portray yourself and your company in a professional manner in the course of your duties.
- You shall adhere to all hygiene obligations and notify your Director immediately in any instances of non-compliance. You shall adhere to work programmes, instructions, project finances and constraints, in accordance with the site requirements.
- You shall make available your cards and certificates at all times.
- You shall comply with all health, safety and compliance in any duties you undertake.
- You shall work in an ordered, neat and tidy manner and ensure the compliant use of barriers and signage where required/necessary.
Training and Development
- A Training & Development plan will be in place for you to grow with the business
The Company Provides Services Such As:
- Site Inspections
- Grounds Maintenance, Landscaping & Tree Works New developer sites & other commercial / industrial areas
- Specimen Tree Planting;
- Visual Tree Inspections from ground level & Condition Reports;
- Adjusting/Removal of Stakes, Shelters, Guards & Ties for newly planted trees;
- Remedial Works i.e. Crown Lifting & Formative Pruning;
- Emergency Works;
- Grass Cutting;
- Hay Cutting Wildflower Meadows;
- Seeding & Laying of Turf;
- Football Pitch Maintenance i.e. Rolling, Scarification, Reinstatement Works & Top Dressing;
- Planting of Formative Shrub Beds & Borders;
- Formative Pruning & Thinning of Thickets, Hedgerows & Shrubs;
- Shrub Bed & Border Cultivation & Application of Mulch and Fertiliser;
- Weed Control;
- Hard Edging
- Use of Pesticides PA1 & PA6
This role is commutable from; Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, Rushden, Irthlingborough, Barton Seagrave, Burton Latimer, Isham, Raunds, Rothwell, Desborough, Market Harborough, Northampton, Leicester, Rugby, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Milton Keynes, Bedford, Coventry & surrounding areas
Suitable applicants may come from a; PEM, municipal services, grounds services, landscaping, playscapes, groundsman, groundsperson, horticultural, tree surgery, housing development, loam / turfing, estates management, municipal services, facilities management type role / organisation or similar
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82183376GBR recruitment ltd