LAMMA is the UK’s largest agricultural trade show, where over 850 exhibitors will host the most extensive array of farm machinery, equipment, and services to be found in one location anywhere in the UK.
Regional Manager - Northern Ireland, Ireland, United Kingdom, Scandina
From £36,179 to £43,193 per annum
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting for a Regional Manager to look after Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Scandinavia and Gibraltar as part of a United Kingdom and Northern Area team.
The Regional Manager (RM) role is multidisciplinary but the primary objectives are to ensure the fit commemoration of WW1 and WW2 war casualties and to promote the role of the organisation through commemorative and community events.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
* To undertake site inspections and identify work to be undertaken
* To implement repairs / replacement works through contractors
* To Manage Cleaning Cycle
* Undertake Annual Assessment of horticultural plots
* To promote the role of the company through the delivery of regional commemorative and community events. This work will require liaison with local interest groups, members of the public, local press and media and giving interviews as and when required.
* Responsible for the production and delivery of all regional plans (operational and public engagement) in order to meet Regional Objectives and interaction, as necessary, with key stakeholders including Local Authorities, Contractors, and other stakeholder groups.
* Coordinates all contracts work and facilitates best use of company funds.
* Ensures that all operational maintenance standards are adhered to through the implementation of technical standards, policies and procedures as published by Consultancy Services and Head Office.
* Critically analyses and challenges regional processes and practices in order to deliver company objectives in the most efficient and effective manner.
* Oversees the efficient functioning of the Inspection Database and contributes to the development of and submission of other regional management information on a monthly basis.
* Ensures that the Health and Safely Policy (Global Standards) is implemented and adhered to by ensuring that safe working practices & procedures are observed at all times. Undertakes all site and visitor risk assessments.
* Investigates and resolves any enquiries forwarded to the Region by the Enquiries Team and/or Legal Dept.
* Implements and reviews action plans and submits regular updates to Head Office and in particular the Operations Manager.
* Compiles & submits business cases for additional Regional resources as and when required.
* Undertake other projects and tasks as required by the Operations Manager.
* Lead and motivates contract staff and volunteers and ensures that all observe Commission Values and procedures and follow safe working practices in compliance with the CWGC Global Standards.
* Set and delegate the performance standards required of contractors and ensures that all personnel receive the training & coaching required to perform their role.
* Project Responsibilities; undertake projects and initiatives as directed by Head Office, Financial & Risk Management, Delegated Financial Authority as directed and authorised by the Operations Manager.
Key contacts and relationships
* Operations Manager, Management Team including Plans & Support Supervisors (Hort & Works).
* Community Engagement Team specifically Head of Community Engagement, and Head Office Communications Specialist.
* Honorary Supervisors x 3 (Norway/Sweden, Denmark and Gibraltar).
* Lead Volunteers, Contractors and Suppliers and other Stakeholders.
* British Embassy (Defence Section) staff in Dublin. Person:Essential Criteria:
Knowledge & qualifications/experience required
* Extensive previous work experience in team leadership and people management.
* Experience of managing contractors, suppliers and third party stakeholders and dealing with customer related issues.
* Good level of computer literacy using Microsoft packages ?V Word, Excel, Outlook (email).
* A full manual driving license.
* Has persuasive, diplomatic and effective negotiation skills aimed at all levels.
* Ideally a Degree, BTEC National Diploma or NVQ Level 3/4 or equivalent experience in a Horticultural, Works, Maintenance or Contract Management based qualification.
* Knowledge of all Commissions Horticultural and Works standard (desirable, not essential).
* Communicates verbally and in writing with Contractors, Customers, Suppliers, and others in a way that represents the Commission in the best light.
* Builds constructive relationships with key stakeholders.
* Accepts responsibility for organising & completing tasks on time, budget & to CWGC standards.
* Anticipates and identifies potential problems and constructively offers advice, new approaches or original solutions, demonstrating creative thinking and improvement.
* To demonstrate, sustain and improve upon the significant improvement in standards achieved in recent years.
* Ensure that Contractors follow and comply with Health and Safety rules as contained within Company Global Standards.
* Time management, planning and organising, self-motivated (especially as there is a significant element of lone working), remote office management.
This is a full-time permanent role - 37 hours per week
Excellent Salary Package: £36,179- - £43,193 including Technical Managers Allowance £ ?3,380.00 p.a. + Facilities Allowance - £1,044.00 p.a. + Personal Pension Plan offered with the contribution from Organisation up to 13% of gross salary. This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82125441