Rural Skills Development ManagerSalary range circa £32,000 depending on skills and experience.18 months Fixed Term Contract Full-time
37½ hours per weekLocation
Perth, with Scotland-wide travelling (an alternative base may be considered)
Lantra is the Sector Skills Council for the UK's land-based, aquaculture and environmental conservation industries. Following a review of business requirements in Scotland, we are now seeking to recruit a Rural Skills Development Manager
to join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity for professionals with relevant sector knowledge and experience, and an understanding of Scotland's rural education, qualifications, training and skills 'landscape'.
Your primary responsibilities will be to lead the co-ordinated development and delivery of rural skills education, work-based learning and training initiatives for Lantra in Scotland, and the development of Scotland's land-based instructor resources. To achieve that, you will engage with, support and influence sector employers, learning and training providers, instructors and other skills stakeholders.
To be considered for this role you must have:
Experience in a rural education, skills or training influencing role.
- Excellent knowledge of education and skills policies and support in Scotland's rural sector, and of current provision.
- A strong interest in, and understanding of, the agriculture and wider rural sector in Scotland.
- Excellent project management, communication, negotiation and influencing skills, and a proven track record of successful delivery.
- Experience in active engagement with, and of influencing, decision makers and key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of the training instructor and workplace assessor network in Scotland.
- The ability to travel and work flexibly.
For further information, please log on to http://www.lantra.co.uk/careers/job-finder, Call 02476-696996 or e-mail .
Applications should include a CV and covering letter, and can be submitted to or by post to Recruitment Team, Lantra, Lantra House, Stoneleigh Park, Coventry, CV8 2LG.
The closing date for applications is 13 May 2018.
Prospective date for interviews: 24 May 2018.Strictly no agencies
Lantra Scotland is supported by the Scottish Government.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/81181916myjobscotland