5 things you should give your cows this Christmas
Sponsored by DNOMF
There’s probably not much your cows want this Christmas, but there are a few things they need...
- Clean and tidy yards to reduce the risk of bacteria spreading
- Plenty of colostrum for calves to ensure they have the right defence mechanism to fight disease
- Well-ventilated housing, especially in calf sheds to help reduce the risk of pneumonia
- Clean boots and overalls for the increased number of farm visitors during the festive period
- Lastly, disinfect wheels on any visiting vehicles to stop the risk of introducing disease