Are you an experienced Engineer with knowledge of construction or agricultural machinery?
Do you hold a full UK driving licence?
We are the leading JCB distributor throughout the South West and Wales. Due to continuing success of the business, an opportunity has arisen for a skilled and highly motivated Field Based Service Engineer to join our well established service department at our Cheltenham depot.
Reporting directly to the Service controller, the successful candidate will be required to carry out Diagnostics, Servicing and general Repairs to a full range of JCB Construction machinery, in a safe and efficient way, ensuring the highest standard of workmanship at all times.
This is a field based, customer facing role, which requires the building of strong relationships within the Service sector of the business, whilst providing the very best possible levels of customer service at all times. Full support and product training will be provided where necessary.
* Service and maintain JCB and other plant equipment to the manufacturer's specifications, and to ensure machine reliability and safety.
* Reporting machine defects and upselling our services wherever possible. This also comes with financial benefit for the candidate for all opportunities created.
* Successfully diagnose and rectify electrical, hydraulic, powertrain and various other faults prior to initiating and completing a repair.
* Operate JCB's 'Service Master' diagnostic software via a laptop computer (training will be given).
* Complete a detailed report of work completed along with supporting photographs and all allocated times via our in house Service Manager personal tablet system.
* Complete risk assessments in line with company health and safety policy and ensure safe working practices are in place at all times.
* Any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role.
Field Based Service Engineer | Service Engineer | Field Based | Machinery | Mechanical | JCB | Construction | Agriculture | Repair | Maintenance | Diagnostics | Electrical | Hydraulic | Powertrain | Communication
* Experience - knowledge and experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry.
* Relationship Builder - Ability to interact with customers and develop/build a relationship that ultimately delivers a positively satisfying experience.
* Communication - Ability to deliver appropriate communication both internally and externally to allow planning and continued work to be effectively completed.
* Time Management - Ability to set timescales to own tasks to enable completion of duties and to ensure all tasks are carried out with a level of urgency and within a timely manner, whilst not compromising safety.
* Detail oriented - Must have a keen eye for detail and able to maintain a high level of accuracy.
* Presentation - Present a professional image at all times.
* Must carry a full driving licence as well have the ability to operate machinery on site for testing purposes (training can be given to the right candidate).
What we have to offer:
* Excellent rates of pay dependent upon experience
* Overtime available at 1.5 x and 2 x standard hourly rate (subject to work load)
* Pension scheme contribution
* Fully maintained and equipped company Van, lap-top with diagnostic and product support software, mobile Tablet and Mobile Phone
* All PPE and company uniform provided
* 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
We were established in 1979. A privately run family business, we have over 30 years' experience of selling JCB equipment and after sales services, making us one of the oldest and longest running JCB dealers in the world.
We are an equal opportunities employer.