Job Location: Poole, Dorset
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Exceptional salary and benefits above the average in the area
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with an earlier finish on a Friday
A multi-million pound Oil & Gas Manufacturer based in Poole are currently seeking a Project Manager to join their professional projects department.
About the area
Poole is a jewel, catering for all from Europe's largest natural harbour, seven miles of stunning beaches, bustling quayside to all year round events. Poole is in easy reach of Bournemouth, the Jurassic Coast and the New Forest.
Dorset offers a variety of hidden gems to explore, bustling nightlife, Bournemouth 7's, Fishing, Watersports, Firework nights, Bournemouth Airshow along with being home to both a Premiership and National League South Football team.
Poole is easily accessible by road, rail and air:
· Road (Southampton - 30 mins, London - 1.5hrs)
· Rail (London Waterloo to Weymouth (2.5hr approx.) via Bournemouth, Poole & Dorchester)
· Airports (Bournemouth International also London Heathrow & London Gatwick (approx. 1.5hrs and 2hrs drive from Dorchester respectively); Exeter (approx. 1.25hrs drive); Bristol (approx. 2hrs drive))
About the vacancy
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is motivated, driven and looking to take a step forward in their career, working on high-end products throughout the project lifecycle.
In this role you will be responsible for planning, monitoring and managing assigned projects from initiation through to completion.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Plans, coordinates, implements and finalizes projects according to specifications and deadlines, while keeping the project within budget
· Defines the project's objectives, creates schedules and oversees quality control throughout the entire project
· Works with team members and stakeholders to complete project scope, goals and deliverables, while adhering to the budget and timing constraints
· Creates schedules and reviews timeline objectives with team in order to estimate efforts required to reach objectives
· Identifies, manages and minimises risks throughout the project lifecycle, seeking to prevent losses
· Accountable for Project cost control, Forecast Cost to Complete optimisation and management of opportunities
· Accountable for Project delivery to meet customer and business requirements
· Develops process improvements and innovations to enhance performance of the Project Management Team
· Tracks and reports milestones, provides status reports; ensures team performs to meet high customer service levels whilst meeting business requirements
· Builds relationships & ensures customer satisfaction through excellent service and communication
The successful applicant will possess:
· Qualified degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
· Member of APM / PMI
· Previous relevant experience within project management
· Results oriented, ability to deliver on time and to budget
· Project risk management and mitigation
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple activities and projects
· Strong team player
· Strong technical background from a technology or engineering environment
· Self-motivated with excellent problem solving and decision making skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
In return you will receive:
· An excellent starting salary, depending on experience
· 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
· Excellent pension
· Company bonus
· An opportunity for self-development and on the job learning
· Free onsite parking
· Early finish on a Friday
Hours: Monday- Friday, 37.5 hours per week with an earlier finish on Friday.
For more information, please apply with a full CV and covering letter by email or call the office.
Those who have the right skills and experience, our aim is that you will hear back from us within 24 hours but due to the high number of applications we are receiving at present, we are unable to respond to every application individually so If you do not hear from us within 3 days please assume that your application at this stage has not been successful. As new positions arise we will review any applications already made to us and may contact you about other suitable roles.
Resource Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a policy of treating all its employees and job applicants equally. It is the policy of the Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure that each applicant is assessed only in accordance on the basis of their qualifications, skills and abilities to perform the relevant duties without prejudice in regards to background, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability or gender.
Keywords: Aberdeen, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, West Midlands, London, Poole, Bournemouth, Yeovil, Sherborne