An exciting opportunity for a Farm Manager has become available for a large scale, continuously expanding arable operation in the Ukraine.
The business has a diverse portfolio, specialising in cereals and oilseeds, peas and sugar beet. Achieving high yields in a fertile region under the GlobalGap certification, our client is seeking a candidate who will set and achieve high standards.
This is a genuine career opportunity, not just a job, with the opportunity to be highly involved, long term in an International company.
• To manage the day-to-day operations of approximately 7,000 ha under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, this will comprise of all growing, drying and storage matters on the site.
• To develop innovative approaches and techniques to continually advance new and best practice.
• To manage the sourcing, selection and maintenance of all inputs – machinery, equipment, seed, fertilisers, etc.
• To lead the operations team (50 - 60 people) in planning and implementing crop rotations, field schedules, harvest activities, drivers and agronomists.
• A highly ambitious and passionate character who thrives on challenges.
• Ability to speak the local language (Ukrainian or Russian) and English – essential.
• Ideally, a Degree in Agriculture or Agronomy.
• Ability to work autonomously and manage staff.
• Excellent IT skills, ability to work with management control software tools.
The excellent benefits package includes a competitive salary, housing expenses and a company car.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter, or call Laura Edwards on 01885 483440 for more information.