LAMMA is the UK’s largest agricultural trade show, where over 850 exhibitors will host the most extensive array of farm machinery, equipment, and services to be found in one location anywhere in the UK.
Reed Facilities are seeking an experienced Grounds & Cemeteries Service Manager for a temporary assignment with the possibility of permanent employment.
The successful candidate will manage the daily operations of the Grounds and Cemeteries function, ensuring that all service areas meet the standards required to create and maintain an exemplar service.
Working at a corporate level, the post holder will contribute to the development and delivery of a property services function which supports the companies, vision, values and strategic direction.
Principal Duties and Tasks Performed: 1. To lead, manage and motivate staff in the provision of the Ground and Cemeteries function delivering exceptional levels of service and customer care across all depots.
2. To manage all staff employed within the Grounds and Cemeteries function ensuring that they are aware of and work towards the achievement and implementation of the aims and objectives of the Service within agreed policies and operational procedures.
3. To assist in the preparation of annual budgets, managing expenditure and income in line with budget, ensuring accountability and good governance, including financial management of creditors and debtors.
4. To assist in the preparation and monitoring of the annual service plan in relation to the functions of the post.
5. To procure and manage a range of contracts for supplies and services ensuring compliance with procurement policies and current legislation.
6. To be responsible for the security and maintenance of all Grounds and Cemeteries resources including equipment, fixtures and fittings and to be responsible for ensuring all maintenance and repairs, preventative and reactive works/contracts are kept up to date.
7. To ensure all health and safety policies, procedures and risk assessments are developed maintained and adhered to by staff, visitors and other third parties.
8. To research, develop and implement an annual work programme of the activities associated with the Grounds and Cemeteries function.
9. To develop and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally, in the management, development and promotion of the Grounds and Cemeteries function.
10. Assist with staff recruitment and selection, induction, training and development programmes for those employed at and associated with the company.
11. To ensure team and individual performance objectives are met in line with the performance management framework and appropriate action taken.
12. To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the company.
Person Specification Qualifications and Experience Have a third level qualification.
Experience - Essential Applicants must provide specific and personal examples of having at least 3 years’ relevant experience in the following areas: • Operational management (across multiple locations) in a relevant function (eg grounds/horticultural operations, cemetery operations, property maintenance, building services, minor works, etc • Planned and reactive maintenance in a public facing environment • Managing of an operational budget • Strong communication skills, work planning, leading and motivating staff in operational teams • Leading and developing projects within a service area with a strong customer focus. • Procurement of contracts, plant or diverse equipment. • Health and Safety operations in a public facing operational environment.
How to apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com or contact Reed Recruitment on 02890 310157.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business