GBR Recruitment Ltd is working in partnership with a leading property management specialist recruiting for an experienced Landscaping Team Leader to join the First Line Management team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business that is expanding year on year due to continued success within the market place.
Landscaping Contracts Team Leader (Hard & Soft Landscaping / Grounds Maintenance)
Reports to:Operations Manager
Hours: 07:00 starts until 17:00 or later depending on works
Basic Week:45 hours
Overtime:x1.33 per hour, after 45 hours (Regular overtime available should you want extra hours)
The Team Leader will supervise both contracted and direct labour gangs for all hard and soft landscaping, grounds maintenance and associated health and safety.
The Team Leader shall have comprehensive landscaping, grounds maintenance and planting knowledge
- Oversee & undertake general grounds maintenance & landscaping duties on new plots within new build sites, ensuring a high standard of work is maintained at all times in accordance with an established schedule of works.
- Ensure all maintenance checks are booked in with crews and ensure they are carrying out daily and routine checks on equipment and machinery to written procedures.
- Responsible for the health and safety of themselves, their work colleagues and others who may be affected by their activity
- Ensuring the safe use of pesticides / chemicals (PA1 & PA6 certificated works)
- Follow company safety policies.
- Oversee the management, maintenance and operation of plant and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and Company policies.
- Respond in an appropriate manner to all requests or enquiries from members of the public & customers.
You will assist in providing the following Services:
- Plot Landscaping services to new development sites working closely with the new developers (turfing, grass cutting, planting etc.)
- Site Inspections
- Grounds Maintenance, Landscaping & Tree Works
- Specimen Tree Planting;
- Visual Tree Inspections from ground level & Condition Reports;
- Adjusting/Removal of Stakes, Shelters, Guards & Ties for newly planted trees;
- Remedial Works i.e. Crown Lifting & Formative Pruning;
- Emergency Works;
- Grass Cutting;
- Hay Cutting Wildflower Meadows;
- Seeding & Laying of Turf;
- Football Pitch Maintenance i.e. Rolling, Scarification, Reinstatement Works & Top Dressing;
- Planting of Formative Shrub Beds & Borders;
- Formative Pruning & Thinning of Thickets, Hedgerows & Shrubs;
- Shrub Bed & Border Cultivation & Application of Mulch and Fertiliser;
- Weed Control;
- Hard Edging
- Spraying of Pesticides PA1 & PA6
This is a great opportunity for someone who has worked as;
- CSCS Card
- PA1 & PA6 Use of Pesticides certification / qualification (not a must have just beneficial)
- Grounds / Landscaping experience (soft & hard services)
- Supervisory / Team Leader experience (overseen 5+ staff previously)
- Commercial work experience
- Knowledge of pricing works would be beneficial (not a must have)
- Strong work ethic
- Quality focused & Customer Service driven
- Holds a full UK driving license
Grounds Maintenance Operative, Grounds Maintenance Supervisor, Grounds Maintenance Manager, Landscaping Supervisor, Landscaping Team Leader, Landscaper, Tree Surgeon, Horticultural Supervisor, Groundsman, Grounds keeper.This role is commutable from;
Wellingborough, Burton Latimer, Barton Seagrave, Isham, Harrowden, Rushden, Raunds, Thrapston, Market Harborough, Irchester, Wollaston, Moulton, Sywell, Northampton, Corby, Weldon, Stanwick, Geddington, Huntingdon, Peterborough, Stamford, Oundle & surrounding areas close to these
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82183359GBR recruitment ltd