Job Role: Tractor Driver/Yard Staff in Dorset
A 420 commercial milking farm in Dorchester. A programme of training will be drawn up to enable all of the areas of work and skills to be achieved. Including Health and Safety.Can put together training packages and schemes for those with a keen interest and show commitment and drive to progress their learning. This can include any tractor associated tickets, stock work courses, associated courses and training etc.
The main task will be to assist in the basic tractor work, yard work and general duties of the farm including;
1. Yard and tractor work associated with the dairy unit
2. Stock work, moving groups of cows, assisting with vet routines etc
3. Relief milking on holidays.
4. Bedding and scrapping.
5. Help with and occasionally feed on relief basis with use of the mixer wagon.
6. Slurry irrigation (Briggs).
7. Some tractor fieldwork, rolling, chain harrowing.Hours will be ten per day, based on a six day week, one weekend working in two. Tidiness and cleanliness of the overall farm is paramount for it future development within the Estate.
We require applicants who will be competent and capable to take responsibility for:
• Hard worker and team player
• Previous experience in similar role
• Tractor experience
2 bedroom flat, rent and bills within the package
The successful applicant will be employed directly by the farm.
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07767161395 for further information.