LGV technician Nights
£13.65 per hour
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an LGV mechanic / technician in our Vehicle workshop in Moreton Valence
Our HGV Technicians service and maintain our modern and varied fleet of tractor units and trailers. -:
·Walking Floor trailers
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer's procedures and in a safe and responsible manner.
- Carry out fault Diagnosisof vehicle faults using diagnostic tools and technical skill
- Inspection of vehicles to VOSA standards
- Preparation of vehicles for MOT to VOSA standards
- Service vehicles and associated equipment to high standard
- Repair vehicles and associated equipment to a high standard
- Ensuring Health and Safety regulations and safe working practices are maintained at all times
- Road test vehicle when required, subject to licence restrictions.
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with manufacturer standard times.
- Assist with good workshop housekeeping at all times.
- Ensure that the company time recording procedures are complied with and job cards write ups are completed accurately.
- Complete all compliance paperwork immediately on completion of work or at latest end of that working day prior to leaving site
- Ensure that all vehicle defects are reported appropriately
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of this post, which will be discussed with you.
Hours of work
Nights Monday to Friday or Sunday to Thursday
10 hour shifts, 1 hour unpaid lunch break
immediate start is available
- The successful candidate will hold a City & Guilds Level 3 in commercial vehicle maintenance (or equivalent qualification) and will have previous experience of working in an HGV workshop
- Familiar with DVSA regulations and road transport legislation relating to the maintenance of commercial vehicles
- Ability to work on your own initiative is essential, together with the willingness to work as part of a well-motivated team within a busy vehicle workshop.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Methodical and thorough approach to work, organised
- Competent in standard PC suites i.e.; office, excel, outlook
- LGV C+E licence desirable
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/78599146CM Downton Ltd
SectorFood and Produce
RecruiterThird Party Employer