British beef and asparagus salad with radishes and cherry tomatoes
Serves two people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the dressing:
- ½ a cup of extra virgin olive oil or pomace oil
- 2 tbspn of white wine vinegar
- 1 tspn of honey
- 1 tspn Dijon mustard
- 1 tspn wholegrain mustard salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 8 stems of British asparagus, make sure to remove thehard root
- 1 x 8oz British rib eye steak
- Sea salt
- 6 radishes
- 100g of fresh watercress or baby leaf salad
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Make your dressing by adding all the ingredients together and whisking then season to taste.
- Heat up a char grill pan until hot, then add a little oil and add your trimmed asparagus and cook until just tender. Set aside.
- Get your rib eye steak, season with sea salt.
- Place the steak into the pan. For a steak cooked medium rare cook for two to three minutes on one side then turn over and cook for a further two to three minutes on the other side. For a more well done steak cook the steak for a little longer on each side.
- Once the steak has been cooked to your liking, remove it from the pan and allow it to rest in a warm place for five minutes before serving.
- For the salad, slice the radishes into very thin slices then put into a bowl with your watercress or baby leaf salad.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes in half, add to the bowl then drizzle your dressing over the salad and toss to mix together.
- To serve place half of the dressed salad on each plate then slice the rib eye into strips and share between the two plates.