Increasing Farm Productivity Grant
The farm productivity grant programme has been developed to encourage agricultural businesses in the Plain Action and Vale Action LEADER areas to invest in innovative practices and new technologies to help them to become more sustainable and productive.
There are 3 main aims of this programme, these are: to improve the overall performance and sustainability of agricultural holdings, to support animal heath and welfare improvements and to support the processing, marketing and/or development of agricultural products (Annex 1 products only).
Grants are available for between £5,000 and £100,000. 60% match funding required.
Examples of the types of projects we could fund include;
- Purchase of equipment and machinery to improve the efficiency of the use of energy, water, fertilizer and other direct inputs (e.g precision farming or new technologies).
- Purchase of equipment and machinery to reduce impact on soils (e.g specialist drills to enable low or zero tillage farming and to reduce emissions.
- Investment to improve facilities for slurry/manure management.
- Investment to modernise or mechanise production and increase productivity.
- Purchase of equipment and machinery to improve the animal feed efficiency as well as of other products.
- Improvements to livestock housing to improve animal welfare or energy efficiency.
- Purchase of equipment or machinery to improve animal handling, e.g. robotic milking systems.
- Investment in equipment, technologies or processes to reduce waste.
- Investment in equipment, technologies or processes to develop new or higher quality products.
- Business start-ups.