Increasing Forestry Productivity Grant
The forestry grant programme has been developed in order to restore regular management to local woods in the Plain Action and Vale Action LEADER areas.
It aims to add value to the development of the timber output, create jobs and develop wood-fuel supply chains.
It also aims to invest in the production, processing and marketing of non-timber forest products, particularly wild venison.
Grants are available for between £5,000 and £100,000. 60% match funding required.
Examples of the types of projects we could fund include;
- Purchase of machinery and equipment to help the production, extraction, mobilising, processing and marketing of timber and non-timber products
- Processing, mobilising and marketing of products for new forestry technologies
- Enhancing forestry potential or adding value to forest products by processing, mobilising or marketing
- Supporting the development of wood-fuel supply chains
- Transportation of wood within a forest by specialized forestry equipment, excluding standard transport activities
- Investments in the production, processing and marketing of non-timber forest products, particularly wild venison. This shall include on-holding cold storage and butchery facilities.