Dairy Technical Service Specialist, Middle East.
De Lacy Executive has been appointed by a global player in animal nutrition to recruit a dairy nutritionist to work within all ME markets including Pakistan and Iran to help to achieve the region’s annual sales target by providing technical support to our large customers.
• Provide technical support in dairy cattle management and diet formulation / nutrition
• Participate in the sales process as support to the sales force / distributors within the region.
• Improve the ruminant knowledge of our Sales force, distributors, customers and external organisations
• Dairy business strategy for the marketplace
• Support to named markets for technical queries
• Develop the use of technical & marketing sales support materials to sales teams
• Assist sales force/distributors to understand the correct positioning of the company’s products.
• Evaluate and develop strategies to differentiate our solutions from ongoing and new competitors available on the market
• Monitor local commercial trials (ruminant) where appropriate
• Interpret on-farm data collection, to offer practical solutions to farmers/managers.
• Academic degree in Agricultural Science, Vet Science or related discipline
• 5 years + working experience in the industry of which 2 in a commercial environment
• Proficient in dairy ration formulation
• Sales and Business experience
• Willing to travel throughout the Middle East which includes all ME markets, Iran, and Pakistan.
• Speaks fluent English
• In depth understanding of the ruminant (dairy) industry with sound technical, nutritional and health knowledge
• On-farm experience, ability to work with large TMR dairies
• A willingness to travel extensively within the Middle East region (>70% of the time)
Knowledge & Skill:
• Diet reformulation ability essential
• Experience in working in International Business desirable
• Experience in recommending best practice in calf and heifer management an advantage
• Experience in ruminant management associated with harsh climatic environments, particularly heat & humidity.
• Forage management
• Knowledge in high production (40 L and more) very large herd (>2500 lactating cows)
• Sales experience with farm and feed mill clients advantageous
• Presenting to small, medium and large audiences
• Project planning
• Understanding of multiple markets and cultures
• A self-motivating individual who would thrive in developing and strengthening our team
• Forward-thinking, innovative
• A team player and a good communicator
• Customer orientated (internal and external)
• Hard-working, efficient and flexible
• Ability to network and multi-task and meet tight deadlines
• Able to work independently
Remuneration: A competitive salary package will be offered with excellent benefits and numerous opportunities within an international environment and multicultural team.