Visit the UK’s leading indoor agricultural event, with eleven packed halls of the very latest in agricultural machinery and equipment. Now at the NEC, Birmingham this is free to attend and free to park.
We are looking to recruit a Team Leader to join our friendly team. As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for maximising the sales of a designated retail space, you will achieve this by delivering an industry-leading customer experience, ensuring inspirational displays with correct stock levels to deliver budgeted sales and manage an engaged and motivated customer focused team.
Overview of the role:
* Deliver excellent levels of customer engagement at all times, ensuring we share our passion for plants, gifts and horticulture with every customer.
* To deliver an inspirational visual customer experience within your agreed area of the retail space, ensuring the effective planning and implementation of work is completed with no impact to the customer engagement.
* Delivering agreed income budgets and standards with strong cross-team cooperations at all times.
* Lead an engaged, motivated team, through inspirational management with a focus on their individual development.
* Responsibility for recruiting new hires into the team, completing all necessary paperwork and induction planning.
* Work closely with buyers to identify new sales opportunities and maximising stock replenishment
* To meet the criteria listed on the Retail Career Progression Framework for Team Leader
* Duty manages in the absence of the local Retail Manager.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
* Experience at retail operations within a quality retail business, for a minimum of 2 years.
* Comprehensive garden and plant knowledge.
* Has close attention to detail with excellent visual merchandising skills.
* Proven good people management skills from a similarly sized retail business.
* Ability to communicate accurately and effectively.
My Client provides a number of great benefits for employees including:
* Shows and LibrariesEmployee discounts including airport parking, hotels, retail and gym membership
* 25 days holiday (increasing 28 and 30 with service) and option to buy/sell
* Monthly Garden Magazine and access to Horticultural advice