From Farmers Guardian shirts to AGM virgins - here’s 10 things you’ll always see at a NFYFC event in sunny Blackpool.
1. AGM Virgins - hundreds of them, covered in black/red marker pen, strange fancy dress costumes and sporting a slightly confused and scared expression.
2. Unusual drinking vessels - “Let’s be mean and make all the AGM virgins drink out of wellies for the whole weekend!” Normally weird contraptions made at home out of diesel funnels and alkathene pipe.
3. Three-legged people - and no we don’t mean people who have miraculously sprouted another leg. Seems like a good idea at the time until you’re three drinks in and the toilet is calling!
4. T-shirts you can’t wear in front of your family - we’ve all seen them. T-shirts enough to even make fellow young farmers cringe! Remember the rules guys...
5. The guy/girl asleep in the corner of the Winter Gardens - the person who partied too hard all day but couldn’t quite bring himself to go to bed before everyone else! How anyone can sleep in a room of six thousand young farmers - mind blowing...
6. The giant queue in the all-night McDonald’s - the lights come on and appetites are big. Time to head for the famous golden arches with the other 5,999 young farmers - could be waiting a while! Unless you’re a kebab connoisseur.
7. FREE SUNGLASSES! - free sunglasses are always treated like a prized possession and are usually worn for the entire weekend, mostly inside nightclubs. Pointless? Who cares...
8. Farmers Guardian shirts - the original and best. But of course we’d say that. Young farmers are a generous bunch and you’ll find up to 1,000 of them donating their £1 to charity - in return for a classic FG shirt. Snazzy.
9. Selfies, selfies, selfies - You can’t have fun without a selfie can you? There’s always a bouncer/policeman/local who’s really fun and gets into the YFC spirit!
10. The ONE person who got a tattoo - you know who you are. You got carried away with the charms of the Lancashire coast and got something stupid marked on your body for the rest of your life.
It is estimated a third of the global population work in agriculture - making it the single largest employer in the world.
Check out the Farmers Guardian Jobs board for the latest vacancies from this vast and varied industry.