Visit the UK’s leading indoor agricultural event, with eleven packed halls of the very latest in agricultural machinery and equipment. Now at the NEC, Birmingham this is free to attend and free to park.
Wendover Woods / Chilterns is one of three developed Forest Centres across the East of England Forest district and provides a range of recreation activities, businesses and services at the site. Wendover woods is located within Buckinghamshire. HP22 5NF
The centre is halfway through an exciting £4.5 million major capital investment project which will bring new café, car park facilities, toilets, car park management system and play facilities to the site. These exciting developments will significantly enhance the capacity and potential for the site to develop and diversify the recreation offer.
The site currently attracts approximately 400,000 visitors per annum and it is anticipated that the new developments will significantly increase this number. Visitors are typically attracted to the site for Tree Top Adventure – Go Ape! Cycling, walking, play, events and other activities such as the Highway Rat Trail.
Following completion of the capital investment work there will be a team of 10 people (including seasonal) led by the Forest Centre Manager. This will comprise a blend of Recreation Rangers and Visitor Services staff.
Purpose of the Job
To work as part of the team to supervise, manage, promote and develop recreation facilities and Commercial opportunities in Wendover Woods. To be responsible for specific areas of activity or work as deemed necessary by the Forest Centre Manager.
Key Work Areas
* Maintain and develop commercially sustainable recreation opportunities in Wendover Woods to deliver the highest standards within the Forestry Commission (Recreation) of facility upkeep, customer service and commercial viability.
* Work well as part of a team showing drive and motivation to improve the site, with a focus on setting high personal standards and supporting colleagues with the same goals.
* Deliver exceptional customer service to visitors and prospective visitors which is favourably remarked upon by visitors interacted with.
* Carry out a range of tasks to ensure visitor enjoyment is organisation leading, including site cleanliness and safety, facility maintenance, customer information and satisfaction.
* Form good working relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders and external partners in developing and managing activities, services and facilities.
* Work with colleagues providing direction, guidance and work programmes to Wendover Woods team members, seasonal staff and volunteers.
* Support and work alongside our committed volunteers to manage and develop key recreation opportunities such as Aston Hill Mountain Bike site and the Chiltern Society Volunteers.
* Manage all aspects of health and safety relating to work areas including facility inspections, contract management and managing expectations of third parties.
* Undertake the Duty Ranger role as required, as per the Duty Ranger Rota.
* Support event organisers to deliver high-quality events through the permissions process.
* Understand the financial aspects of the site and take responsibility for assisting to achieve site income and expenditure targets.
Experience / Professional / Technical Expertise
* Relevant experience in any leisure/recreation related sector. * Demonstrable experience of delivering high standards of customer service. * Competent IT user and experience of a wide range of software programmes.
* HND / Degree in a relevant discipline.
* A commercial approach.
* Changing and Improving
* Review working practises and come up with ideas to improve the way things are done.
* Be constructive in raising issues with management about implementing changes and the impact these are having on the service.
Should you have any further questions regarding this position, or to discuss the opportunity further, please contact Katie Stapleton on 0300 067 4278.
For additional information and to apply for this post, click 'apply now' below.