If you're organised, have a high attention to detail and are customer focused then we can offer you a great career here at Severn Trent.
Your role will be to safely transport an increasingly valuable commodity - sewage and sludge. Whilst most of our region's waste is cleaned and safely returned to the rivers, increasingly we're finding innovative green uses for it in farming and energy generation - in fact we generate some of our own electricity from the sewage we process.
Working regular, local routes, you'll be responsible for safely collecting, and delivering sewage and sludge, transporting it in vacuum tankers between Severn Trent sites. You'll also be expected to attend team meetings from time to time.
You'll work a 48 hour week, working a night shift which will work from Monday to Friday.
Let's talk about what skills or experience you'll need to be able to do the job.
It's a great role for people who enjoy working outdoors, whatever the weather. An LGV (Large Goods Vehicle) driving licence (category C1+E/class 1) is essential, DQC valid until September 2019 and a Digital Tachograph card. You don't need experience in a similar role but you must be physically capable of operating a vacuum tanker and safely putting pipes on and off pipe trays.
You'll often be working alone, so it's important you're responsible and reliable - it's up to you to assess risks and make sure you're wearing appropriate PPE (personal protective equipment). You'll also need to be computer literate to send emails and log details onto our company systems using a handheld computer.
As a Tanker Driver, your key skills and competencies will include:
* Ability to operate STW specification vacuum tankers and associated equipment.
* Ability to safely access vehicle cabs, sites and offices using correct procedures (3 points of contact, etc).
* Ability to manipulate (including loading & unloading to/from tanker pipe storage trays) flexible pipework (up to 5" diameter) in a safe manner utilising correct manual handling techniques.
* Ability to work unsupervised in all weather conditions utilizing correct PPE, loneworker system, etc.
* Ability to dynamically risk assess site access & working conditions depending on specific circumstances on arrival.
Severn Trent benefits include:
* Salary of up to £35,964.27 per annum
* Fantastic Pension scheme - The company contribution will be twice your contribution (up to 15% when you contribute 7.5%)
* 25 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays, with the option to buy or sell up to 5 additional days per year
* Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme
This is a full time role which will be based at our Hayden site in Cheltenham.
Who are we?
We are an ambitious and evolving FTSE 100 water company, serving 8.1 million people from the Bristol Channel to the Humber, mid-Wales to East Midlands - enjoy the wonders of water every day. Our customers, and the communities that we live and work in, are at the heart of everything we do.
Our vision is to be the most trusted water company by 2020, delivering an outstanding customer experience, the best value service and environmental leadership and through all of this making sure the wonder of water is readily available to everyone; today and for future generations.
We want our people to be part of an organisation that celebrates diversity and individual thinking as we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is important for success. We seek to ensure that every employee and every application we receive, without exception, is treated equally and fairly.