Things winning teams do well
Mutual respect is key to good leadership.
- Strong leadership: Good leaders build trust and respect in their teams and motivate people towards a common goal.
- Transparent communica - tion: Key to good leadership is good communication. This will ensure everyone knows what they are working towards at any one time and each person has the informa - tion they need to do their job well.
- Shared commitment to a vision and goals: Is everyone rowing in the same direction? In good teams, everyone pursues individual goals in a way that helps the overall team achieve.
- Rules of the game: Bound - aries and parameters are clear.
- Have an action plan: Once you have a shared vision and goal, you need a clear plan to make these happen and a good line of communication and management so everyone can pursue it.
- Shared accountability for results: Everyone is 100 per cent included and involved in reach - ing business goals and feels they have a stake in the goal. They see the work as a team endeavour, rather than the pursuit of one person.
- Constructive conflict is key: Good teams are able to turn conflict into something of value by finding a solution that improves the situation.
- Mutual respect and camaraderie: This starts with leadership, which should build a culture of openness and trust where people feel their views, ideas, skills and concerns are valued and respected mutually, by every team member.
Shape Your Farming Future Series